Volleyball Team Comes All The Way Back to Improve to 3-0

NWA Democrat-Gazette/MICHAEL WOODS • @NWAMICHAELW
Bentonville West vs Webb city Tuesday, August 30, 2016 during their volleyball game at Bentonville West High School.  The game was the first varsity level game to be played at the new Wolverine Arena at Bentonville West High School.

Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette

NWA Democrat-Gazette/MICHAEL WOODS • @NWAMICHAELW Bentonville West vs Webb city Tuesday, August 30, 2016 during their volleyball game at Bentonville West High School. The game was the first varsity level game to be played at the new Wolverine Arena at Bentonville West High School.

Thursday night was HUGE for the Lady Wolverines volleyball team as they claimed 1st place in the conference for the first time in school history with a win over Rogers. This was an intense match throughout, as Rogers was able to take the first 2 sets 25-17 and 25-21. West was able to respond, taking back to back close sets 25-22 and 25-23. This caused a 5th set to break the tie, which West dominated 15-7.

This win sent Rogers to 0-3 on the year, but gave the Lady Wolverines sole possession of 1st place in the 6a West. This is a landmark for the team, and also for the school as a whole. West is in sole-possession of 1st place in the conference, looking to continue that success with games against Har-Ber and Rogers Heritage this week. These could prove to be huge games, sending the team into their “Kickapoo” Tournament riding high on a 7-game win streak (5-game conference win streak).

So far, this has been an incredible start to the season. I know that being 3-0 isn’t the ultimate goal, but it is a great milestone in a season that looks very promising for the Lady Wolverines. I know that I’m going to, so make sure you come to support the team at their next home game on September 18 @6:00 vs. Van Buren.