Should we sell drinks and snacks at vending machines or in the cafeteria?

Back to Article
Back to Article

Everyday ay school, I wonder how many people are not utilizing the vending machines scattered about. Students have to pay several dollars in order to get a snack which they are unable to get after school hours.  Additionally, the cafeteria somewhat sells the same product, meaning that the vending machines have a wasted quantity of products. Plus, do really students need that many drinks? Many students would rather have to eat their own packed lunch or order from the cafeteria.

Yes, I  sometimes get a drink or a bag of chips, but I have never bought them from the vending machines. I also don’t see anyone go to the vending machines. They seem to be reloaded every couple of months, and you rarely see any delivering trucks coming to stock them up.

We can lessen the amount of vending machines around the school and replace them with microwaves. This would be a great benefit because many people need to warm up their food at lunch.

Vending machines also require electricity, which means that a large amount of electricity is wasted. Additionally, with rarely anyone utilizing the vending machines, companies will be wasting money.

If we remove the drinks and snacks out of the cafeteria, we will notice more use of the vending machines. This will also decrease the lunchroom crowding and allow the vending machines companies to make a profit.

In my perspective, I would rather keep both because we have many students that purchase their lunches at school, making it important to keep check of the storage amount.