An Incredible Movie – The Incredibles 2

Back to Article
Back to Article

An Incredible Movie – The Incredibles 2

Alex Wilson, Entertainment Writer

Coming out on digital sites such as Amazon and iTunes on October 23 and being released on DVD and Blu-Ray on November 6, ‘The Incredibles 2’ was one of the most anticipated children’s movies of the year. Many people waited eagerly for this movie to come out, whether it be small children or teenagers. This movie was a sequel to a popular Pixar movie called ‘The Incredibles’ that was a favorite among many of that generation. 14 years later, the children of that generation had either grown up or were in high school and still had yet to see a sequel of one of their favorite movies. A sequel was announced in June of 2018 and excited many people that were in the age range of 15-25, the generation that got to see ‘The Incredibles’ in theaters.

Image result for incredibles 2

That being said, there was a small amount of concern that this sequel would ruin the good memories that people had of ‘The Incredibles’. Sequels are famous for being a disappointment to fans, after all. This, however, did not down many’s moods as they geared up, ready to watch a cartoon. Funny enough, many people entered the theaters in costumes that represented some of the characters of the first movie fully expecting to love it.

My own opinion? I thought the movie was fantastic: a worthy successor of the first movie. It had a good plot line and started us right off where we left, directly after the last scene of ‘The Incredibles’. Other than the child actors, all the actors were cast as their original characters.  The children in the movie were somehow replaced with near replicas of the original children’s cast, giving many nostalgia. As well as a wonderful cast and a good plot line, the cartoon itself was wonderful. The characters all had the same looks, right down to the nose and eyes. This was enhanced by the fact that movie graphics have increased in quality over the past 14 years and everything about the cast and even the setting just looked better.

‘Incredibles 2’ is a wonderful movie and I recommend it to children, or anyone really, who find themselves in need of a good movie.